Bounty Hunter Space Lizard
|Bounty Hunter Space Lizard|
|Developer||Stay Inside Games|
|Released||2019 Oct 8 (1.0.0)|
|Updated||2019 Oct 15 (1.0.6)|
|Interface||pixel art graphics, simple animation, touch interface|
|Official site of Bounty Hunter Space Lizard|
Bounty Hunter Space Lizard (BHSL) is a coffee-break roguelike game. The game has a heavy focus on tactical positioning, making use of edge-screen wrap-around tiles, and modifying the terrain by the use of bombs (which destroy terrain but create impassable flames) and anti-anti-matter bombs (which create destructible flamingos). The game adopts a streamlined character-building system where the player progressively builds basic stats (like health or maximum ammunition) as well as two skill-paths.
You are a lizardperson, despondent. You alienated your friends and family trying to sell Cutcorp Knives through an MLM, your human lover left you to become a veterinarian, and your trip to discover yourself has left you stranded in orbit around a culturally conservative desert planet with few lizardpeople, a poor interwebs connection, and little variety in cuisine. The only way forward? You must play the most dangerous game.
- Constant saving, so it can be put down and continued any time.
- 20 levels, with four distinct stages with their own enemies and bosses.
- Intuitive tap- and swipe-controls for iOS and Android.
- Adorable pixel art.
- Portrait orientation for stealth playing.
- A narrative wherein the player takes the Lizard through a crisis of self.
- No XP, no upstairs, no automatic regeneration, no grinding/farming.
- Destructible terrain (wall destruction, impassable flames, flamingos).
- "Friendly fire" as a strategy to get enemies to kill each other.
- Distinctive, Pac-Man style wrap-around edges that make tactical positioning more interesting.
The gameplay feels similar to the same tactical, single-screen gameplay of Hoplite, but it employs very different mechanics.