IRDC 2008 Planning
IRDC 2008 used roguebasin as a tool to coordinate the meeting. This page is kept for historical purposes.
- Fon: Get cellphone numbers for better communication in town, maybe buy prepaid SIMs
- Goals: Define some goals. (Code, Docs, Fun, Learning.)
- Map: Get short URLs for location
- Map: Accomodation (where is everyone staying?)
= Food for Thought
http://xkcd.com/91/ : Welcome to text-only Counterstrike. You are in a dark, outdoor map. > GO NORTH You have been pwned by a grue.
Comment by the author of the cartoon:
I'm sure a discussion of the reason for the disappearance of adventure games in favor of RPGs would be fascinating.
Summary: Communication is mostly done by chat, some by private email, and via this wiki page.
IRC: QuakeNet #rgrd
Wiki: http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Rgrd_meeting (you are here :-)
Live presentations should aim at about 20 minutes each with 10 minutes for discussion. Paper versions of the presentations can also be produced at an exapanded size for inclusion in the proceedings.
- "Stealth and Facing in Roguelikes" -- Ido Yehieli (aka Joe6pack)
- "Batteries included - introduction to writing your game in Python" -- Radomir Dopieralski (aka The Sheep)
- "Context and Meaning in character based roleplaying. A communication scientist's view on roguelikes" -- Mario Donick
- "The Discretization of Space and Time: Role in Roguelike Design" -- JeffLait
All presentations are available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEFC7B8888265466C&feature=plcp
please enter the dates of your presence, your name and origin (point of departure), and possibly some contact info (email address, irc nick, icq number, cellphone number!).
a bold face means "todo" - or "to decide". to confirm your presence simply change the bold face on the dates by changing the exclamation mark '!' to a pipe '|' - thankyou!
|Sep18 Thu||Sep19 Fri||Sep20 Sat||Sep21 Sun||Sep22 Mon||Sep23 Tue|
please add an email address so broadcasts are possible! where exactly are you guys staying in berlin? these info would make it easier in looking for a suitable place for the convention. adding a phone number will certainly make it easier to stay in touch with each other. more info, guys!
Participants - sorted by last name.
|18?||19||20||21||22?||23?||Brandt - Christopher Brandt||Germany||Will have a place to stay (or maybe even my own flat)|
|---||---||20||21||---||---||Donick - Mario Donick||Rostock, Germany||don't need a hotel; sleep at my mother near Berlin|
|---||19||20||21||---||---||Dopieralski, Radomir User:Sheep||Pozna????, Poland||got a place to crash already|
|---||19?||20||21||22?||---||Dorn, Andreas - firstname.lastname@example.org||Germany||partially live in Berlin|
|18||19||20||21||22||23||Hartmann, Chris - email@example.com||Germany||Berlin, invited you to bootlab|
|---||19||20||21||22||---||Ido - ido - firstname.lastname@example.org, +43-664-5585708||Vienna, Austria.||Staying at "the circus" hostel in Berlin Mitte.|
|18?||19?||20?||21?||22?||23?||Kisielewicz - Kornel Kisielewicz||Poland||Won't be coming this year.|
|---||19||20||21||22||23||Lait - Jeff Lait until Tue!||Canada||Found a place a few subway stops away.|
|---||19||20||21||22||23?||Milesss - Milesss - milesss at interia dot pl, (+48)791461054||Poland||staying at hostel|
Who takes care of what?
|Hardware||Video Camera||Jeff Lait|
|Misc||Power Extensions||Radomir Dopieralski|
|Misc||USB Sticks||Radomir Dopieralski|
bootlab http://www.bootlab.org Oranienburger Strasse 54, 10117 Berlin (Mitte) The entrance to the very left, opposite to Amrit restaurant http://tinyurl.com/5vcbut (google maps)
The bootlab is part of the 'Kunsthaus Tacheles':
Public Transport (BVG):
BVG Local Map direct: Tram: M1+M6 U-Oranienburger Tor direct: UBahn: U6 (N6) U-Oranienburger Tor near: Bus: 147 Friedrichstrasse/Reinhardtstrasse Bus: 240 Torstrasse/ U-Oranienburger Tor Sbahn: S1+S2+S25 S-Oranienburger Strasse
Status: [2008-08-14 All votes have been completed.
Vote#1: Place: Berlin.de
Status: done. Berlin, Germany!
To vote add a your name next to the city/month and update the counter. City:
- Berlin, Germany (9 votes): ido, RotateMe, Kisielewicz, JeffLait, the_ru, Radomir Dopieralski, purestrain, I_Own_The_Letter_O, Mario Donick
- Atlanta, Georgia, USA (2 votes): njerpe, Almafeta
- Cracow, Poland (1 vote): Jakub Debski
- Stockholm, Sweden(1 vote): Bj????rn Ritzl
- Santiago de Compostela, Spain (1 vote): Mingos
- September 2008 (6 votes): Almafeta, Bj????rn, Mario Donick, Mingos, ido, the ru
- October 2008 (2 vote): RotateMe, purestrain
Vote#2: Date: Sat Sep20
Status: done. Sep20!
To vote add a your name next to the date of the first day and update the counter:
- Saturday, September 6
- Saturday, September 13
- Saturday, September 20 (3 votes): ido, the ru, Mario Donick
- Saturday, September 27
- Saturday, October 4
Vote#3: Venue: bootlab
Status: [2008-08-14] bootlab!
Thanks Gregoa, Chris & Sven! (also: Bfoo, Bine, Ric and the others)
Vote#4: Name: IRDC
Status: done. IRDC 2008!
-  IRDC 2008 (3 votes): ido, Jeff Lait, Mario Donick
-  TRICoRD (0 votes):
-  SARGE (0 votes):
-  AMPHORA (0 votes):
-  DUPRE (0 votes):
Meaning (expansion of acronyms):
-  IRDC = International Roguelike Development Conference 2008
-  TRICoRD = Tailoring Roguelikes: International Conference on Roguelike Development
-  SARGE = Society for the Advancement of Roguelike Games and Endeavors
-  AMPHORA = A Multinational Populace Helping to Orchestrate Roguelike Awareness
-  DUPRE = Developer's Union for the Promotion of Roguelike Endeavors
Drinks: Add Your Desired Beverage(s)
- Mineral water (plain and soda)
- Various soft drinks
- Coffee (filter)
- Tea (black, green)
- Beer (Berliner Pilsner)