|Influences||Daggerfall, ADOM, ArcticMUD|
|Released||Mar 5, 2010|
|Updated||Sep 7, 2022|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|Interface||Tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||50+ hours|
|[none yet Official site of Rayel]|
Rayel is a single-player roguelike game for desktop and mobile.
- The game is currently in demo stage.
- The big and fully active world.
- Variety of the world: dungeons, plains, forests, steppes, swamps, deserts, seas, isles, rivers (with underwater part), mountains, castles, temples, towers, towns (plains, forest, underground, mountain), ruins, ancient misty constructions.
- No strict bound between locations. There are some areas which extend over the significant map part.
- No strict levels/floors division: in any place of the map you can encounter an ascending, descending or stairs. Many corridors lead very far away.
- Hidden and locked passages.
Current Version (0.7.3.5 demo)
- some bugfixes
Available for Windows and Android (arm v7a).
- Rayel 0.1 released in 2010. Enormous and rather empty world, yet the game is fully playable, although lacks of lyrics and game knowledge sources.
- 0.2 was an attempt to develop it further, but was abandoned - too much was to be changed
- 0.3 was a completely new project, a huge 3d ascii map where you can climb to the roof, see birds shadows on the ground, dig whereever, etc. That approach was cool and will be used under some future projects, but not in Rayel anymore
- 0.4-0.6 were more attempts of creating a non-trivial world, cell and room based, inspired by MUDs.
Those all resulted in the current approach, under 0.7 version. It has been developed for nearly a year now from scratch, so it is quite young.