|Developer||Black Shell Games|
|Updated||December 24, 2014|
|Game Length||Short or Long Sessions|
|Official site of SanctuaryRPG|
SanctuaryRPG is a strategic turn-based monster slaying and dungeon crawling adventure set in a retro ASCII-art world.
Drawing heavy inspiration from both Roguelikes and Traditional RPGs, the game was meticulously designed to offer a truly compelling gameplay experience fused with a robust action-rpg style combat system.
Black Edition builds upon the classic SanctuaryRPG formula with all new procedurally generated artwork, as well as a plethora of areas to explore, races to experiment with, skills to master, and loot to collect. Whether you're a valiant hero or a dastardly villain, the fate of Sanctuary is in your hands.
- Enjoy a blast from the past with retro ASCII graphics
- Travel through vast dungeons with classic roguelike action
- Experience hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay
- Put your strategies to work with a sleek combat system
- Over 160 class and race combinations to experiment with
- Wreck your enemies with over 1400 weapons and armors
- Rock out to an original 8-bit chiptune soundtrack
- 95% of the art has been overhauled by our staff artist, Angel Rodriguez
- More glorious music and revamped tracks from our composer, Rafael Langoni Smith
- Thousands more lines of witty writing from Yixin Li and Dorian Karahalios
- Double the amount of class related perks for character enhancement
- A bigger variety of selectable races for you to experiment with
- Increased amounts of loot and gear variety to collect and hoard
- Double the amount of interactable zones and areas
- A whole new range of affixes on both monsters and items
- More side quests and diversions for you to explore
- Unique mercenaries that you can hire to assist you in battle
- Factions system where you can fight for a faction, opening up a series of new quests
- Wardrobe system where you can equip different wardrobes to customize your abilities and characters
- Imbue system so you can enchant weapons with powerful abilities and wreak havoc on your enemies
- Plenty more diverse mini-games where you can engage in town activities
- Even more advanced enemy AI for a truly engaging combat experience
- Distance mechanics that keeps track of where you are in battle in relation to enemies,
Join our awesome Reddit community! /r/SanctuaryRPG
For press and other inquiries, please send an email to blackshellgames (at) gmail (dot) com or find us on twitter: @blackshellgames.