|Influences||Brogue, Prey 2017, Faustian legend|
|P. Language||Lua (LÖVE2D)|
|Interface||Graphical tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||about half an hour for current version|
|Official site of Alchemist|
Alchemist is a low-fantasy roguelike built around the idea of strategically using consumables and crafted tools rather than your character's physical or supernatural might.
- Detailed 64x64 tiles, soft lighting and special effects.
- Unique alchemy system with raw materials refined into essential components that represent abstract qualities: "something sinister" can be a bat wing, or a spider net, "something verdant" is a bunch of leaves or a young branch, "something boreal" is spearmint oil or glacial water. Those components are then used to create potions and tools.
- Almost every item in game is a potential source of valuable components. There is no such thing as useless loot.
- Highly interactive environment. A lot of objects in game can be interacted with in many ways, with either bare hands or certain potions: smash barrels, shatter walls, fell trees, start wildfires, then douse them.
- A lot of flavor text for everything.
- Custom AI for every creature type.
- Combat designed around using your consumables and tools for every fight. Mindlessly punching your enemies is not a valid option.