|Break Out Of Hareka's Underground|
|Influences||Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup|
|Released||2017 Sept 16 (0.1)|
|Updated||2018 Jun 2 (0.8)|
|Platforms||Linux, BSD, Windows, Mac|
|Game Length||~ half an hour|
|Official site of Break Out Of Hareka's Underground|
Break Out Of Hareka's Underground (Boohu) is a roguelike game which takes inspiration mainly from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and its tavern, and some ideas from Brogue, but aiming for very short games, almost no character building, and simplified inventory management.
Every year, your village sends someone to collect medicinal simella plants in the Underground. This year, the duty fell upon you, and so here you are. Your heart is teared between your will to be as helpful as possible to your village and your will to make it out alive. Deep in the Underground, some magical stairs will lead you back to your village. Along the way, you will collect simellas, as well as various helpful items. You will also encounter monsters, fight against them, or run away from them when you can…
- Short coffee-break runs (less than half an hour).
- 13 levels deep dungeon, 6 distinct map generators, 20 monsters, 8 weapons, 9 rods, 13 potions, and 2 projectiles.
- Text-based animations.
- No XP, no food, no upstairs, no automatic regeneration, no grinding/farming.
- Fully destructible terrain (wall destruction, foliage fire).
- Simplified inventory management (e.g. no more than one weapon or armour).
- Gain 3 random aptitudes among 11 as you go deeper.
- Dense foliage and automatically opened/closed doors to play with line of sight.
- Confusion status based on this tavern thread: impedes diagonal movement.
- Monster footsteps sometimes can be heared.
- Rods: merge ideas from mana-based magic and charge-based wands or rods.