|Licensing||Closed Source, Freeware|
|Game Length||4 hours|
|Official site of CastlevaniaRL|
CastlevaniaRL is a fast paced roguelike in which your character must challenge the castle of count Dracula seeking to finish him off, after facing all kind of monsters in different environments into the Castle of Chaos. Each one of the six different classes is armed with an array of skills for both offense and support and gains power as they advance through the game.
The game features both console and graphics mode, as well as support for midi and mp3 music and wav special effects.
On june 2006, development of the game graphics version started due to the inclusion of Christopher Barret on the development team.
On september 2006, the game was exposed on a local University fair at Medell????n
The game is in continuous development and a graphics version is being actively mantained. A cellphone version is planned to be made as well.
The latest release version is v. 1.21. dated September 15th 2006
- 6 different player classes, each one has unique skills and attributes
- Several level layouts and generators
- 2.5D, a simulation of 3D on a 2D space
- A vast collection of items and monsters based on the Castlevania series
- Artwork based on the castlevania series
- Hostage rescuing quests and artifacts
CastlevaniaRL requires Sun Java 1.4.2 or higher, which is probably already installed in your computer. Get Java Now!
See other Java Roguelikes
- CryptRL - homepage
- Dweller - homepage
- Kalyp - homepage
- Netwhack - homepage
- NG Java Roguelike Engine - homepage
- Plutonium_roguelike - homepage
- Tyrant - homepage