|Developer||Herbie Piland (FerretDev)|
|Influences||Shin Megami Tensei, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, Pokemon, Tales of Maj'Eyal|
|Released||May 23, 2014|
|Updated||Dec 20, 2020|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|P. Language||C# (Unity)|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Interface||Tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||Long (not content complete as of 12/20/2020)|
|Official site of Demon|
A roguelike where you control a Summoner, a human who uses the power of a mysterious relic to contact, recruit, summon, and acquire the powers of demons.
In Demon, you play as a Summoner who has donned a relic in hopes of acquiring great power, only to find that the relic has compelled you to enter a mysterious tower from which no Summoners seem to return. Starting with only a few meager powers and a weak demon ally that the relic provided when you donned it, you must climb the tower, recruiting more and stronger demons and through your battles alongside them acquire stronger powers for your own use as well.
Though the relics are powerful, they have limits: They do not allow direct control of demons, and the powers they grant are only enough to make the Summoner as strong as... not stronger than... the demons within the tower. Without powerful, well-chosen allies and clever use of the abilities learned from them, there will be no chance of survival.
(specifics on content amounts reflect current content as of 12/20/2020, not final goals)
- A twenty-nine floor Tower filled with over 175 different demons, all of which can be recruited and summoned as allies.
- A wide variety of recruitment mechanics that provide unique, dynamic challenges throughout the game.
- Over 790 different abilities you and your allies can learn.
- Excellent AI for both your allies and your enemies.
- Oblique-perspective graphical tiles.
- Rich, detailed in-game descriptions drawn from real world mythology for each demon.