Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos
Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos, by Jason Roberts
According to RogueBasin, my title would be classified here as Beta. It is quite stable, playable, and fun, but it is missing a lot of the endgame-related stuff, which is why I consider the game to still be in Late Alpha status. I try to do weekly releases, and participate in Sharing Saturday on RoguelikeDev subreddit, so if I forget to upload here, then you can visit Sharing Saturday and grab the latest build there. The reason for the name change is primarily to avoid confusion with Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead!
I also now have a subreddit for my game! https://www.reddit.com/r/EmpiresOfEradiaCOC/ (If you can't post for some reason, send me a PM)
List of Currently Missing Features:
- Legendary Runes, Artifacts, and Challenges
- Endings, and End Goals Menu
- Primal Chaos Abilities
- The Harvester and the Chaos System
- The Collector and Rare Portals
- Ability to Enter Portals and Deactivate Them
- And more (will update list later)
List of Partially Implemented Features:
- Interface Overhaul
- Help Directory and Interactive Tutorial Series
- Crafting System
- Uniquely useful Techniques
- Unique Biomes with their own specific challenges
- Magical Item Tiers and Enchantment Affixes
- And more (will update list later)
Current Latest build is Alpha V20 (as of Oct, 27 2018), and a binary (.exe) can be acquired from this link (windows only at the moment) = https://www.mediafire.com/file/txnbjdqzn3m92fn/BinaryV20.zip/file
I am looking for feedback on the game; bugs, suggestions, problems run into, etc. I can be reached by PM on reddit (I'm Palandus) or by email: email@example.com. I'll try to remember to update the RogueBasin as I release new builds. I use Pyinstaller to build the game, and as I only have access to Windows, I can only build for Windows.
NOTE: If you launch the game and the window doesn't look right, try using fullscreen mode (ALT+ENTER) and then exiting fullscreen mode with the same keybind, should fix the issue. The issue has been reported by some users, while others haven't encountered it.
NOTE2: I am looking into determining how to cross-compile binary builds for Linux / MacOS, and am hoping to have it ready for next build in a week. If I figure it out in a day or two, then I'll upload the builds immediately.
|Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos|
|Influences||Too many to count|
|Updated||06/10/2018 (Alpha V19)|
|P. Language||Python 2.7 and Libtcod|
|Interface||ASCII, Keyboard, Partial Mouse|
|Game Length||countless hours|
|[n/a Official site of Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos]|
A great rift has appeared in the Human monarchy, spewing forth vile creatures. You enter the rift, where the laws of the material plane do not necessarily apply. You must close the rift, and escape, but is there really a way out? You'll just have to find out!
- Can play however you like, as either a lethal mage, a stealthy martial expert, or perhaps as a complete pacifist.
- Anyone can cast spells, use any item, or perform any action, however, only those who specialize into something will be good at it.
- Unique permadeath, resulting from achieving too much stress.
- Profile system, that allows you to achieve progression between playthroughs.
- Played as a sandbox infinite dungeon crawler, where the player pursues their own goals and creates their own story, trying to achieve one of many victory conditions.
- Has large battlefields, rather than rooms, with various tactical opportunities to handle the myriad of foes trying to kill you.
- Primal Chaos foes increase in difficulty as you kill them and monsters increase in difficulty if you stay on a level for too long.
- Comes with a series of Interactive Tutorials and a Help Directory (neither complete though), to help new players and returning players understand game mechanics and be successful.
- Much more! (will update this list in the future)