I rule, you rule, we all rule old-school Hyrule
|I rule, you rule, we all rule old-school Hyrule|
|Released||2012 Mar 16|
|Updated||2012 Mar 23|
|Official site of I rule, you rule, we all rule old-school Hyrule|
You and five other rivals are trying to become famous enough to rule Hyrule. Earn fame by exploring the overworld, discovering treasure, slaying dangerous beasts, and killing your rivals.
You can move with arrow keys, numpad, or vi keys, pickup items with [g], view the map with [m], examine monsters with [space], and use your items' special abilities with [z] and [x]. You should press [?] when you start to get a better idea of what's going on.
- An overworld inspired by the original Zelda game
- Mountains, hills, 5 types of forest, shores, rivers, lakes, a desert, and some one-room dungeons.
- Water and lava flow.
- The world is broken into 19x9 chunks - sort of like Zelda was.
- Hearts, heart containers, rupees, zoras, and armos statues!
- Enemies with random abilities
- There are 19 different traits and each of the 8 monster species get 3 at random.
- Traits include spiked, rock spitter, flier, double attack, poisonous, reach attack, evasive, mysterious, and more.
- There's also big monsters with extra life and another random trait.
- Randomized minibosses guard power ups, useful items, and treasure.
- A bunch of unbalanced items to start with and find
- The club does knockback and can do a circle attack.
- The spear auto attacks anything that moves near you and can be thrown.
- The flying carpet lets you fly.
- The rupee machine generates rupees.
- The mutation ring will make you gain a random good trait every once in a while.
- And many more.
Totally awesome reviews by totally awesome people
Even though I'm done with it I've got some ideas on how to turn its ideas into a full-sized roguelike some day.
- Underground dungeons. With puzzles and traps and treasures and boss fights!
- Better rivals. They should know how to use each item and have more of a personality.
- Better creatures. Some traits aren't very interesting. There also should be more variety in monster behavior and ai.
- Balance. Many of the items aren't very useful and the two item limit is too strict. There also needs to be more rupees.
- Focus. I should ditch the evasion mechanic since it doesn't add much.