|Incavead: infinite cave adventure|
|Game Length||Several hours|
|Official site of Incavead: infinite cave adventure|
A continuation of the Diggr roguelike.
A Roguelike game. What makes this one different?
- Game rules are carefully designed to make grinding/farming impossible.
- The rule system is not based on AD&D or any traditional RPG at all.
- Gameplay is fast by design. A typical play session takes less than 15 minutes.
- Huge, intricately generated dungeons.
- Plot-based advancement: leveling involves exploring new and different locales, not upping a stat number.
- An advanced system of magic based on cellular automata.
Connect to diggr.name, port 20020 with any telnet client to play the game on a public server.
- Old-school pure ASCII graphics.
- Network-enabled out of the box. Use any Telnet client as the game interface!
- Written in portable C++11 and POSIX. No external dependencies or other libraries needed to compile! Works on any device!
- Uses simple, user-editable config files for describing much of the game's data and rules.
- Written with performance in mind, for a pleasant experience even on slow machines.
N.B.: The game is playable and crash-free, but consider it a preview demo for now, since it is not complete enough to be winnable.
If you're adventurous and know how to code, you can try out the game by downloading and compiling the sources from the development site.