|Influences||D&D, Cogmind, Minecraft, Brogue, Pixel Dungeon|
|Released||06 May 2022|
|Updated||18 June 2022|
|Official site of Lost Cavern|
Hello Sam Palmada, you have the honor to be the member of a space expedition organised by the Black Star. You make your family very proud!
Lost Cavern is an open-source turn-based sci-fi RogueLike where the player is the only survivor of a space expedition and has to go deeper and deeper inside a cavern exploited by a galactic corporation.
Destroy the map to redraw your own with bombs or by the strength of your arms, fight General Althorus and his minions, take random drugs, collect legendary weapons, craft medpack, vaccines, lasers, walls, electric systems, dig deeper and deeper and free the Lost Cavern from the exploitation of GemStone!
The game is available for free here https://s01den.itch.io/lost-cavern
- Beautiful sprites from the tileset of @vurmux (Special thanks to Atsukyo for the help menu)
- Incredible muscis by Sam's cheap tape! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRlPnUN43h7X-1ZwfFwlnjA
- Tactical turn-based combat with status and a lot of weapon and armors to find.
- Destructible proceduraly-generated terrain the cavern, different every new game, is changed by your fights by bombs or by your weapons. You can trace your own path inside this ancestral cavern!
- Randomly generated character Select the survivor of the space expedition among 4 randomly-generated character. Random class, random items and random race between human and robot (rare!)
- Every game is a new story Read the randomly generated background story before each new game to learn about the lore. Talk with workers and peasants working in the cavern to learn more about the secrets hidden in the cavern. Find the secret village!
- Zoom/unzoom the map
- Save your game but once the save is loaded, the save file is removed to keep the roguelike mind.
- Crafting system create lasers, walls, bandages, medipacks and a lot of crazy stuff
- NPC and Quests. Help workers and peasants in their struggle against GemStone!
- 3 differents diseases be careful!
State of development
Lost Cavern is currently in Beta version You can follow Lost Cavern news here! Discord There also is a subreddit: r/LostCavern