|Released||2005 Sep 20|
|Updated||2011 Nov 1|
|Official site of Plutonium roguelike|
- Traditional ASCII interface.
- Many outdoor maps: forests, plains, settlements, ruins, military bases. There will be dungeons too, of course.
- Scifi roguelike specific interface: comfortable targetting system, informative FOV, etc.
- XML format will be used to store information about items, creatures, and tiles.
- Assymetric FOV: if you are standing behind the tree, you can see your enemies clearly, but it'll be hard for them to spot you. Maybe 90- or 180-degree FOV for monsters (and even for player) will be implemented.
- Weapon modifications: silencers, scopes, etc.
- Different close combat attacks: punches, kicks, combos.
- Random quests, maybe.
- Fully destructible enviroment.
And many other things...
Project is in the beginning of development. What is done?
- Messaging and time systems.
- Equipment and inventory systems.
- 360-degree FOV calculating algorithm.
- Unarmed combat system.
- Basic generation of a few map types (city/ruins, vault, forest).
- Pathfinding algorightm.
- Several dialog screens.
- XML parser for tiles and items.
- Melee weapons.
- Close combat.
- Basic creatures' AI.
- Many basic Java classes.
- Ranged attacks and weapons.
- Different types of ammo.