|Influences||Daggerfall, ADOM, ArcticMUD|
|Interface||ASCII - Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||100+ hours|
|Official site of Rayel|
Rayel is a single-player role playing game similar to a rogue-like. The game world is predefined and almost static: all the areas, dungeons, most of item properties.
The plot: A character comes to the world that is completely new to him. He knows nothing about it. How should he behalf and what to do - it's all up to him.
If you cannot open the main site, use additional download links:
- http://rlgclub.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=190 -- English version;
- http://rlgclub.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=191 -- Russian version.
- 0.1.1: added the ability to increase game field width.
- 0.1.2: small bugfix release.
- numerous small bugs fixed.
- added some more important items to common shops. (will work with old saves)
- some small balance issues (high spells mana cost).
- easily noticeable character's sitting position.
- sky mounts are visible now.
- added how to start chapter in the manual.
- fixed like 10 of different bugs.
- now it's much more possible to get rumors in high level towns.
- removed quest requests from guardians (it was always empty anyways).
- small balance changes, actual mostly for 20+ levels.
Some of already implemented game features:
- The game is playable and winnable starting from version 0.1. There are winners already.
- The big and fully active world. Although, not random.
- Variety of the world: dungeons, plains, forests, steppes, swamps, deserts, seas, isles, rivers (with underwater part), mountains, castles, temples, towers, towns (plains, forest, underground, mountain), ruins, ancient misty constructions and areas, many of them are quite not easy to find. Different areas and different parts of one area can be settled very differently.
- World: no strict bound between locations. There are some areas which extend over the significant map part.
- World: no strict levels/floors division: in any place of the map you can encounter an ascending, descending or stairs. Many corridors lead very far away.
- World: Hidden and locked passages. Hint: there's no sense in tapping and touching every wall in every area.
- Pseudo real-time actions: every action and movements takes some time, has the beginning and the end, and everything can happen during this period.
- The large variety of monsters, items and other objects. The significant part of experienced monsters (capital 'letters') can be met only outside the well-known region of map.
- Different types of non-item objects: signposts, traps, fountains, plants, levers, caches.
- 12 unique classes, every of them has its own set of skills and spells, besides the common skills and spells. The significant part of them are accessible only after gaining a particular level.
- There are some spells, effects of which can vary depending on caster's power (mostly his intelligence).
- Monsters have almost the same set of attributes that the main character, they can use weapons and other items.
- There are some new made-up monster types (although it can be even disadvantage for someone).
- One the same monster type can be of different professions.
- Monsters, especially experienced, can have large variety of skills and spells, depending on their races and classes, which they use.
- Skills: real raising, without manual raising.
- Large variety of temporary monster effects. Miscellaneous buffs, weaknesses, diseases, venoms, curses etc...
- Communication, although primitive now. Random quests with different difficulty degrees, in the addition of the plot with several branches.
- AI: not bad base, though half-inactive. Complex behavior of monsters is planned for the future, after version 0.1 gains more stability. In general, most of monsters don't care who are standing before them - the player character or any other enemy or friend.
- Missiles (and some spell effects) are flying in the real-time. Some classes have ability to gain amazing speed and overrun them.
- Not bad (imho) interface. Flexible settings of quick movements, autorunning along the long plains roads.
- Program performance: it was formerly planned to work almost with 16 Mb RAM. It is not quite important now, but it allows to ignore high performance peaks and it allows to use the reserve performance in the future: e.g., make a global invasion of giant humanlike robots.
- Internationalization support: full Russian and English versions.