Reflector: Laser Defense
|Reflector: Laser Defense|
|Developer||Michael Moore (@mscottmooredev)|
|Influences||Hoplite, Vicious Orcs, Dwarf Fortress, Kingdoms and Castles, Surviving Mars|
|Released||November 22, 2019|
|Updated||January 22, 2021|
|Licensing||Open Source (GPL)|
|Interface||Tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||~60 minutes|
|Official site of Reflector: Laser Defense|
A roguelike base-builder hybrid where you control a single character in charge of managing a colony on a hostile planet.
In Reflector: Laser Defense, you need to grow and defend a colony against waves of enemies. You have no allies or army, just a laser gun. You place reflectors and splitters to manipulate the beam and make the most of each shot.
- Lasers and Mirrors - You have only one defense: your laser. Manipulate the beams to make the most of each shot.
- Deterministic Combat - Everything dies in one hit, including you. Plan your turn without fear of the RNG.
- Forgiveness in Moderation - Undo a single turn if you make a mistake.
- Wave Defense - Defend your base as enemies attack at night, rebuild and prepare during the day.
- Four Resources to Manage - Grow food for your colonists, produce metal and machinery for buildings, and generate power to keep things running.
- Traditional Roguelike Mechanics - Turn-based, tile-based, permadeath, and random maps.
- Keyboard and Mouse Controls - Fully playable with mouse or keyboard
- Greater enemy variety
- Milestones (in-game achievements that let you recover morale)