|Official site of SDL_ttf|
SDL_ttf is an SDL project allowing for display and manipulation of true type fonts.
Creating a SDL_ttf project with VC++
2. This requires SDL to be installed and linked to your project.
See SDL pages for details.
3. Download SDL_ttf-devel-2.0.9-VC8.zip and unzip.
4. The 'include' directory needs to be added to "Additional Include Directories".
Rather then add another directory I copied the contents of the SDL_ttf include directory to "C:\p\include" (See SDL instructions).
5. The 'lib' directory needs to be added to "Additional Library Directories".
Rather then add another directory I copied the contents of the SDL_ttf lib directory to "C:\p\include" (See SDL instructions).
6. SDL_ttf.lib needs to be added to the "Additional Dependencies".
See "Project -> Properites -> Linker -> Additional Dependencies".
7. Any font required needs to be in the project folder (e.g. "CircleOfDust.ttf" for the demo code linked above).
8. Compile and run the project.
N.B. The demo code linked above a) Needs CircleOfDust.ttf passed to it as a command line argument and b) Is buggy. Use better demo code if you can find it. ;-)