|Influences||Angband, ToME, Crawl, Warhammer 40,000, Final Fantasy|
|Licensing||Closed Source, freeware|
|Official site of SUDD|
SUDD (formerly known as Remnant Core) is a roguelike currently in development, and will not be available to the public for quite some time. A public beta is planned for release when the game is more complete, but until then, a number of currently implemented and working features are listed below.
- Gritty sci-fi/fantasy theme, featuring everything from axe-wielding orcs and slavering undead to mechanical terrors and automatic rifles.
- Will be available as both Windows and Linux binaries (with OS X support eventually), though the source-code remains closed.
- All the usual mechanics one would expect from a roguelike! Permadeath, random level generation, both static and dynamic levels, intelligent monsters, and so on.
- Multiple keysets supporting arrow keys, numeric keypad, and vi-style ("roguelike") input, including options to roughly mimic Angband and NetHack.
- Simulated 3D environments based on 2D planes, such as multi-floored buildings where your actions on one level affect the others.
- Underneath your gear, youâ€™re still just human: Heavily gear-focused gameplay which eschews classes and levels entirely. Character skill and player ingenuity play a large role in success or failure, but no amount of heroics can save you from a bullet in the brain.
- Fully integrated time and dynamic weather system, which directly affects the challenges the hero will face. Evil forces extend their influence further at night, while certain kinds of creatures favour differing weather conditions.
- A blend of melee and ranged combat, including weapons that can fire in any conceivable direction (not merely limited to the eight cardinal directions) with a targeting system that can target either mobile creatures, or specific fixed points on the map. In-depth combat system featuring mis-fires, weapon jams and backfires, ricochets, destructible scenery, and more!
Features Coming Soon
- No magic system, instead the paths of cybernetics and bionics will be available to players: Cybernetics (replacing or augmenting existing body parts) will act as a more traditional magic system with fuel cells providing a power pool, while bionics (surgical or genetic manipulation) provides great power at the expense of vitality, with the hero's health pool being used directly to fuel abilities.