|Influences||D&D, Warhammer, American Gods|
|Released||03 May 2019 (demo)
21 June 2019 (alpha)
|Updated||15 November 2019|
|Interface||GUI, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Official site of Soulash|
Soulash is a fantasy roguelike where you play as a forgotten god set on destroying the world. Free demo available at https://wizardsofthecode.itch.io/soulash
- Alpha version 0.2 is available since 21st June 2019, you can watch the trailer here.
- Alpha version 0.3 is available since 19th October 2019, you can watch the trailer here.
You were once the god-king of the Dreamworld, but you were dethroned by a new pantheon of gods. Mortals have forgotten about you. Your powers diminished and eventually, you had to go into hiding. You spent centuries scheming your revenge. With an ancient artifact, you tore the veil between realms and invaded the mortal world, but at the cost of your physical body. No god has set foot here for eons, but you changed everything. Soon new gods will come and the world will burn. You have become the Harbinger of the End Times.
- Handcrafted open world with villages, caves, keeps, ruins, hideouts, temples or big cities ready for you to pillage and conquer. The world is truly open, if you wish to try your hand at killing a dragon at level 1, you can certainly try.
- Destructible terrain that allows reshaping the world.
- Dynamic weather system that can affect combat situations.
- Random description generator that adds a little soul to your enemies (for you to steal).
- Loot system with randomized prefixes and suffixes that add extra properties. Every enemy can be created with better gear and all of them will drop what they use.
- Survival mechanics based on requirements of food and water or blood, stamina regained with resting and fatigue regained with sleep.
- Multiple races and professions to choose from.
- Crafting with woodcutting, mining, salvaging, fishing, skinning, and butchering.
- Modding support with JSON files for entities (enemies, items, map elements), maps, abilities, animations, and assets (including tileset support) allowing for the creation of new worlds.
State of development
The game is developed by a single person part-time, so progress might not be quick, but it's consistent. You can read about the development roadmap here You can follow the current state of Soulash development at Twitter.