|Theme||Wikipedia, parody, coffee break|
|Influences||Jimbo Wales (met in person)|
|Released||somewhere in March, 2006|
|Updated||December 9, 2006|
|P. Language||Common Lisp|
|Official site of The Rougelike!|
The Rougelike! was created during 7DRL Contest 2006. The latest version is 1.6.
The game takes a satirical approach at Wikipedia. Your character is a "rouge" admin, and you must commit as many outrageous actions as possible before you'll get forced out of Wikipedia. For each such action you'll get Rouge points. You also have Karma points, which are given for good actions and subtracted for bad actions. When you have low karma, people would hate you a lot.
- unique gameplay
- unique monsters
- and so on, just see for yourself
How to compile
If you want to compile this game on Linux (and perhaps, save others the trouble), do the following.
- CLISP (http://clisp.cons.org) - probably you can get it with apt-get or something like that. You need CLISP 0.38 or later.
- ASDF: save this file somewhere: http://cclan.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/cclan/asdf/asdf.lisp
- CL-STORE: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-store/
- CFFI: http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/
- MD5: http://files.b9.com/md5/
Then, start clisp
And enter these commands:
(load "/path/to/asdf.lisp") (push "/path/to/cl-store/" asdf:*central-registry*) (push "/path/to/cffi/" asdf:*central-registry*) (push "/path/to/md5/" asdf:*central-registry*) (push "/path/to/the-rougelike/src/" asdf:*central-registry*) (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :rouge)
After that it would presumably compile without errors or warnings. To produce a binary enter these commands:
(setf *default-pathname-defaults* #P"/path/to/the-rougelike/") (rougelike::make-exec)
It should produce a file called "rouge.exe". Rename this file appropriately for your operating system. The directory should also contain "controls.cfg".