Urban Warfare: The Escape
|Urban Warfare: The Escape|
|Theme||stealth, coffee break|
|Released||2007 Mar 19|
|Updated||2007 Apr 20|
|P. Language||Common Lisp|
|Official site of Urban Warfare: The Escape|
Urban Warfare: The Escape is a seven day roguelike, created in March, 2007. The current version is 0.8.
The game features innovative... well a lot of innovative stuff, including a huge randomly generated city, possibility to move in any direction and stealth-oriented gameplay.
How to compile
If you want to compile this game on Linux (and perhaps, save others the trouble), do the following.
- CLISP (http://clisp.cons.org) - probably you can get it with apt-get or something like that. You need CLISP 0.38 or later.
- ASDF: save this file somewhere: http://cclan.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/cclan/asdf/asdf.lisp
- CFFI: http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/
- MD5: http://www.cliki.net/CL-MD5
- TRIVIAL-GRAY-STREAMS: http://www.cliki.net/trivial-gray-streams
Edit ~/.clisprc to include these commands:
(load "/path/to/asdf.lisp") (push "~/lisp/" asdf:*central-registry*)
Go to ~/lisp and make a symbolic link to every lib, for example
ln -s ~/lisp/cffi/cffi.asd cffi.asd
for CFFI. Alternatively install ASDF-INSTALL, and use it to install all libraries. It's not a rocket science. Also, add symbolic link to uwar.asd in the same way.
Then, start clisp
And enter these commands:
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :uwar) (ext:cd "/path/to/uwar/") (r3::make-exec)
It should produce a file called "uwar.exe". Rename this file appropriately for your operating system. The directory should also contain "controls.cfg".