This is a page for an upcoming DOS color ascii game called EZ-Rogue. Is is being developed in Freebasic 0.21.
--Bulrush 23:09, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
There will be no attacks that will damage armor, weapons, or anything else. Otherwise it will be similar to Angband or Nethack. But since I didn't base it on Nethack or Angband code, I am not naming it *hack or *band. There will be a text file for configuring values global to the game, and monster and item files will also be text.
- Player generation (basic), 1 race (human), 1 class (fighter)
- Player movement in a test dungeon
- Player attacks monsters, monsters attack players, giving player xp.
- Generation of random gold and picking up gold.
- INI file holds many global game values the user can change, like percent chance for gold to be on a dungeon square, percent for a weapon to be magical, player base AC, character to use for wall, floor, and their color, etc.
- A few test monsters in a text file. User can edit most monster data, including type and chance of treasure.
- A few test weapons in a text file. User can edit most weapon data.
- Max 100 living monsters in dungeon at once, 100 monsters per dungeon level in monster file.