|Developer||Vaughn "Drath" Royko (email@example.com)|
|Influences||Ultima Online, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft|
|Released||December 22nd, 2011 (Public Alpha 1.0)|
|Updated||December 22nd, 2011|
|Interface||Tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Official site of Wayward|
Wayward is a browser-based, turn-based, graphical roguelike currently in alpha. It is currently supported and will work in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari.
Stylistically, Wayward hearkens to an 8-bit aesthetic in graphics and in sound. Game mechanics wise, the game is similar to the Ultima series, more specifically, Ultima Online with inspiration from other roguelikes and roguelikelikes.
Current Features in Alpha
- Tons of bugs, probably.
- Infinite dynamically generated terrain and environments.
- Skill and stat based character progression with attributes based on skills and equipment.
- 5 monsters, 10 tiles, 10 crafting recipes, 5 environmetal items, 35 items.
- Usable/edible items with double clicking. Dig up items with the shovel. Eat mushrooms! Drop dirt over water!
- Dropping/planting items with right clicking. Plant and grow mushrooms!
- Environmental items that grow and spread; mushrooms, flowers, etc.
- Monster combat and basic AI.
- Resource gathering and a unique discovery crafting system.
- Canvas/HTML5 gameport rendering with particle effects.
- JQuery/JQueryUI based movable windows/interface with drag and drop capabilities for items and equipment.
- SoundManager2 based sound effects and audio.
- Minimap to help exploration.
- Left hand is equipable.