|Developer||Vaughn "Drathy" Royko (email@example.com)|
|Theme||Wilderness Survival, Fantasy|
|Influences||Ultima Online, POWDER, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft|
|Released||December 22nd, 2011 (Alpha 1.0)|
|Updated||December 24th, 2021 (Beta 2.11.0)|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Game Length||25+ Hours|
|Official site of Wayward|
Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike.
In Wayward, there is a large focus on simulation, exploration, and discovery. There are no classes; there are no levels. Progression of your character depends on individual skill and stat gains by your interactions with items or objects in the world. You are free to play and explore the game in any fashion you wish.
Wayward is a traditional roguelike, meaning it has random environment generation, (optional) permadeath, turn-based gameplay, grid-based movement, complexity, non-modal interactions, resource/inventory management, and more. As such, Wayward is similar to games like UnReal World, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, or Dwarf Fortress.
Some of Wayward's key features include:
- Sandbox survival game mechanics mixed with roguelike gameplay.
- Over 630 items to craft, discover and interact with.
- Deep, multi-faceted skill system with over 25 skills.
- More than 50 creatures and animals to combat, harvest, or tame.
- Iterative game design and community feedback driven with transparent development.
- Online multiplayer with optional PVP mode.
- 25+ hours of content and gameplay before reaching the “end-game” with supplemental content requiring hundreds of hours.
- Infinite procedural generation with four island types featuring unique content for each biome.
- Optional permadeath (hardcore), or respawning (casual) modes.
- 45 milestones to unlock that provide unique gameplay modifiers.
- Ability to rollback to previous versions or play the latest development build of the game before public release via Steam.
- Choose from the following game modes: hardcore, casual, challenge, or custom.
- Day and night system with temperature effects.
- Character customization.
- Dynamic reputation and difficulty system.
- Play in turn-based (default), simulated turn-based (multiplayer only), or real-time modes.
- Modding and Steam Workshop support with extensive development tools.
- 18 custom music tracks.