|Influences||ZAngband, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, World of Warcraft, Harvest Moon, Shiren the Wanderer, Elona|
|Licensing||Free to play|
|Interface||Keyboard & Mouse|
|Official site of Ascension|
Ascension is the name for a project that is not yet alpha, but definitely not vaporware. More to come later.
- Remade 32x32 versions of Adam Bolt's Angband tiles
- Dynamic and Static light sources with falloff
- Overworld town with purchaseable houses of varying luxury / benefits
- Multiple dungeons, some random and some handmade
- Graphical user interface and reasonably simplified controls
- Digging / building possible in most dungeons
- Persistent world between characters
- Some artifact items for one class being only attainable by another
The core elements of the engine are still under development, so although many of the base functions are working, it's not quite ready to go into public alpha. The game will be released as an occasionally updated public alpha build, with an open beta process as well.
- 2011/03/20 www.ascensionrl.com created
- 2011/03/06 Project Pre-Alpha Started