Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Based on||ZAngband 2.7.5pre1|
|Released||Jul 12, 2008 (0.2.0 alpha)|
|Updated||Jan 1, 2009 (0.3.2 beta)|
Z+Angband is continued development of ZAngband by one of its fans who happens to know how to program in C.
- Taken quests may create additional areas to explore.
- Trump magic realm replaced by Conjurations.
- Mushrooms more distinct from potions.
- New basic item types.
- Toggable Zelazny themed and H.P. Lovecraft themed monsters.
- Dwarvish random name generator.
- Temporary summoning but without mana upkeep.
- Fixes of many Zangband bugs.
The latest version adds a new school of magic (Illusion) and overhauls the magic system. Characters now have a limited number of spell slots and must be more selective in picking spells. Some magic users can 'spend' a spell slot on a spell they already know to increase its power. Spellbooks have also been changed; they now have varying numbers of spells.