Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos
|Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos|
|Influences||Too many to list|
|Released||Sept 12, 2018|
|Updated||In active development|
|P. Language||Python, Libtcod|
|Interface||ASCII, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||Multiple hours|
|[Discord, Reddit Official site of Empires of Eradia: The Cataclysm of Chaos]|
A great rift has appeared in the Solarii monarchy, spewing forth vile creatures. You enter the rift, where the laws of the material plane do not necessarily apply. You must close the rift, and escape, but is there really a way out? You'll just have to find out!
- Sandbox experience; pursue your own goals and victory conditions, and explore as much or as little as you want.
- A unique map generation system, opting for large open battlefields against potentially hundreds of foes, instead of the typical tight corridors and choke points.
- "Walls" are actually fog clouds that block vision but not movement, allowing for unique tactical opportunities.
- A ton of character build options with the ability to even win the game as a complete pacifist.
- Four types of foes; Horde, Primal Chaos, Treasure Fiends and Bosses. Each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Four melee, ranged and spell techniques to master, each with their own elements that can be changed for different enemy debuff effects.
- Unique "stress" based permadeath system, which allows players to learn from their mistakes and eventually succeed. Stress also activates stress mechanics.
- You must serve as entertainment for the Chaos God. This effectively works like a "food clock", but without the annoyances of instant death when it runs out.
- Chaos is accrued by various actions and only gets worse as you progress farther, building tension and unlocking challenging mechanics.
- Many useful interactable objects. The most valuable are secret areas, which can be found by getting close or by following directions in the collectibles report.
- Map Hazards, which are usually optional. These make maps more challenging and can work in synergy with other mechanics and hazards.
- Salvaging; you can convert any item you do not need into useful crafting resources.
- You can perform four forms of crafting; Alchemy (includes Light equipment), Smithing (Medium and Heavy Equipment), Enchanting (of Equipment and Profile), and Fabrication (of Epics and Artifacts).
- Can craft a single item for extra bonuses, or batch craft multiple of the same item, in a single turn.
- Profile system that allows you to achieve progression between playthroughs. Ensuring that even if you go insane, you'll still keep some progress that will help the next run.
- Optional self-imposed restrictions. Completing them grants great rewards, but breaking a restriction punishes you severely.
- Much more story and lore.
- Challenge portals and more standard and rare portal types.
- More legendary runes.
- More map hazards and self-imposed restrictions.
- Monster abilities.
- Elemental allies.
- Elite modifiers.
- The warped; mini-bosses.
- Vulnerable bosses.
- Milestones (rewards for trial victories).
There is a more comprehensive list of all known issues viewable in-game from the main menu, along with detailed change logs and credits.