|Influences||Mud, Diablo, Minecraft|
|Released||September 1st, 2021 (Developer Edition)|
|Updated||October 4th, 2022 (Alpha)|
|Game Length||5+ Hours|
|Official site of MudGate|
MudGate a role-playing & exploration web game, inspired by text based muds and it has two game modes.
Dungeoneer: Explore a deep dungeon, kill monsters, solve objectives and equip yourself to defeat bosses and ultimate boss at the bottom. Adventurer: Explore, survive, and make it home to build a kingdom! As a stranger to yourself in a foreign land, you must explore, improve, and most importantly survive in these unforgiving lands in order to make it home. Interact with everything, explore various biomes, and unravel the secrets of the land. Enjoy the seclusion and safety of your own sanctuary or participate in the open realms with others.
- Character customization with 5 playable races.
- Support for common MUD commands.
- 18 humanoid races, creatures and animals to explore, interact and fight.
- Rich variety of handcrafted realms and procedurally generated dungeons.
- 1 to 500 players can participate in a realm or dungeon instance.
- Realms PVP modes are safe, equipment-safe, and free for all.
- Combat and abilities are noted with dice notations (d20) with results in log window.
- Persistent player inventory and goal progression.
- Party with up to 8 players or npc companions.
- Multi-faceted skill system to create your perfect build.
- Hundreds of weapons, armor and items to wear, wield and interact with.
- Text commands to invoke environment or item functions.
- Iterative game design and community feedback-driven development.