Plains of Sedia
|Plains of Sedia|
|Released||2009 Nov 5th|
|Updated||2009 Nov 5th (Alpha)|
|Licensing||Open source, GPL v3|
|Interface||ASCII, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||Currently very short and single-player. Planned to be based on a MMORPG Lifecycle|
|Official site of Plains of Sedia|
Plains of Sedia is an integration of MUDs and Roguelike games. Plains of Sedia is also used as a D20 storytelling module. All campaigns as they take place are implemented into the game. Creation of the world of Urd in the game is implemented through it's open-source game engine, Clay. Clay edits the databases in real-time as the game is in progress. The project was ported from QBasic to VB.NET in October of 2009 and restarted.
- Randomly generated dungeons with a static world.
- Dynamic weather pattern algorithm.
- 69 unique weapon types, 140 unique armor types, 141 unique material types
- Standard, magical, rare, unique, and legendary item qualities.
- 129 different wearable item enchantment types.
- 100 different environments.
- 10 different tradesguilds.
- 71 creature types, 9 creature archetypes.
- 15 possible character races.
- 14 possible character classes with 70 including prestige.
- 12 different citizenship types.
- 8 different military rank types per each of the 5 main cities.
- 5 different clans.
- 13 different rodes to follow.