7DRL Challenge 2020
The 2020 Seven Day Roguelike Challenge invited developers to produce a complete roguelike game in seven short days. The challenge dates were set to 29 February to 8 March 2019. Participants were challenged to complete a game in a 168-hour window within this time period.
- Challenge Home on itch.io, the host site for the 7DRL Challenge.
- FAQ - What is a Seven Day Roguelike?
- Mailing list sign-up used to receive important news and updates
- Rogue Temple forums and r/roguelikedev subreddit, for general roguelike-y discussion
- RGRD irc channel and RL Discord, where a lot of the participants hang out during the challenge.
- Roguelike Radio podcast episodes relating to the 7DRL Challenge
On Wordpress, the tag 7DRL 2020 is for related blog posts. On Twitter the hashtag #7DRL is for competition related status updates.
Traditionally all 7DRLs are reviewed and rated by an expert committee, with ratings visible on itch.io. Other reviews and video plays will also be posted here as they are released.
- Emerald Woods by Slashie and QuietGecko
Traditionally, winners are able to proudly display the medal on their homepage or their RogueBasin user pages. While the rest may only look on with envy... However, there was no medal for the 2021 7DRL Challenge.