A Little Anxious When It's Dark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|A Little Anxious When It's Dark|
|Released||March 12, 2011|
|Updated||March 12, 2011|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, all with a proper web browser|
|Interface||Web browser, WebGL, Keyboard|
|Official site of A Little Anxious When It's Dark|
Being a successful entry to the 7DRL Contest 2011, this is a short coffee-break roguelike, where you search for a treasure through five randomly generated dungeon levels.
The game is played inside a web browser and requires WebGL support, so you need a rather new browser (e.g. Google Chrome 9+ or Firefox 4 - IE won't work). Also, your graphics card needs to be at least OpenGL 2 capable (with decent drivers) for WebGL to work. You can check supported browsers and other notes in Khrono's WebGL Wiki.
During the 7-day development, the developer blogged about the progress at 7drl.org (           ). Later, also a postmortem was published on the game's website.
- Collect and use torches to light up your journey
- Fight multiple enemy types
- Collect and use health potions to recover from injuries
- Use portals to travel to the next level
- Find the treasure
- Mesh generation based on ASCII map
- Automatic normal and tangent calculations for arbitrary triangle mesh
- Per-pixel lighting
- Multiple light sources
- Does not depend on external engines/frameworks (i.e. custom built)
- CSS3/HTML5 based "HUD"