Choose your own CaveVenture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Choose your own CaveVenture|
|Influences||Collossal Cave Adventure|
|Released||Jan 12, 2014|
|Updated||Apr 20, 2014|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|Interface||Text Descriptions, Keyboard|
|Official site of Choose your own CaveVenture|
Choose your own CaveVenture is a coffeebreak roguelike
Choose your own CaveVenture is a small roguelike that uses a choose-your-own-adventure interface for you to interact with the game world.
You are a person who has fallen into a cave and must find a way out before the creatures living in the cave get you.
Choose your own Adventure
- Easy to use interface with all options visible.
- Rich descriptions of what you see and hear.
- Emergent narrative.
- Procedurally generated cave.
- Randomized magic effects.
- Deadly monsters with individual behaviour.
- RPG-style combat system.
Exploration and interaction
- Cave with different features and interactions.
- Shrines, potions and amulets with mystery effects.
- Variety of creatures to encounter and fear.
- Useful equipment for different play-styles.
Survival in the depth
- Find some kind of weapon!
- Do not die of dehydration!
- Run away from the tougher monsters, using the terrain to your advantage!
- Listen to what you hear from adjacent chambers of the cave!
Planned features in the future
- More depth.
- More monsters.
- Boss monsters.
- Audio-version with screen-reading and voice-command, so you can play hands-free with a head-set.
New features are added with each update! For Windows systems.