Dance of Death
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dance of Death|
|Developer||Ebyan Alvarez-Buylla (Nolithius)|
|Influences||ADOM, UnReal World|
|Released||Feb 9, 2010 (v0.1.3)|
|Updated||Sept 19, 2010 (v0.6.136)|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|P. Language||ActionScript 3, (Flash)|
|Official site of Dance of Death|
Dance of Death is a fantasy-themed, Flash (ActionScript 3) roguelike inspired by ADOM and UnReal World, as well as wilderness survival television series such as Dual Survival and Man vs. Wild. It can be played right in the browser at http://www.nolithius.com/dod
- v0.1.3 - Basic tech demo featuring dungeon generation, item generation, monster generation, FOV, movement, inventory, basic monster AI, and basic combat.
- v0.2.23 - Character creation added.
- v0.3.60 - Quest system and winning condition added, moving Dance of Death officially into an Alpha stage!
- v0.4.89 - Saving/loading, item stacks, and ranged combat implemented.
- v0.5.102 - Animation system implemented, ranged combat polished.
- v0.6.136 - 2010 ARRP Release (current) - World generation, wilderness generation for outdoor areas, name generation, and basic hunger system implemented.
Release notes with further detail for the latest build can be found on its development blog at: http://www.nolithius.com/game-development/dance-of-death-v0-6-136-released