Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[ Official site of EZ-Rogue]|
This is a page for an upcoming DOS colour ASCII game called EZ-Rogue. It is being developed in FreeBasic 0.21. It is being written from scratch. It was started Oct 15, 2010. This will be a game for people who are annoyed by getting their best weapons and armour destroyed by monster attacks, or having them stolen by a hobbit, and not having enough money to fix them.
There will be no attacks that will damage armour, weapons, or anything else. Otherwise it will be similar to Angband or NetHack. But since I didn't base it on NetHack or Angband code, I am not naming it *hack or *band. There will be a text file for configuring values global to the game, and monster and item files will also be text.
--Bulrush 23:09, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
v.03 Nov 2010
- Player generation (basic), 1 race (human), 1 class (fighter)
- Save game file (text).
- Read monster.txt, weapon.txt and rl.ini files.
- Player movement in a test dungeon
- Player attacks monsters, monsters attack players, giving player experience. Monsters attack but don't move.
- Generation of random gold and picking up gold.
- Generation of random monsters with possible gold.
- Monster generation is weighted towards current dungeon level, but there's a small chance higher level monsters may appear here. Ex: on dungeon level 2, most monsters will be level 2, but some may be 3, or even level 4.
- INI file holds many global game values the user can change, like percent chance for gold to be on a dungeon square, percent for a weapon to be magical, player base AC, character to use for wall, floor, and their color, turns to heal 1 point, etc.
- A few test monsters in a text file. User can edit most monster data, including type and chance of treasure. Currently monsters only get 4 attacks per turn.
- A few test weapons in a text file. User can edit most weapon data.
- Maximum 100 living monsters in dungeon at once, 100 different monsters per dungeon level in monster file.
- Auto-heal working. Your CONstitution now contributes more points to heal every n turns. Very helpful when player is low level, but it does not cause game balance problems at higher levels. CONstitution also reduces damage done by poison each turn.
- Simple dungeon room for testing. One screen.
- Some weapons can emit light. Permanently.
- Every value in player game file (text) commented and described.
Nov 5, 2010 done
- Load game file.
- Basic light system done. No LOS yet. Walls will not block light.
- Monsters should get 4 attacks per turn maximum, especially at higher dungeon levels.
- Experience system for fighter. Level up and roll more hit points.
- Use control keys to do debugging stuff: generate weapon, armour, monster, gold, wizard mode, etc.
- Change COLOR statements to "mycolor" function for modularity. This will allow the ability to store background and foreground colors in the INI file and for the user to change those.
- Generate random dungeon.
- Get symbols for armour, weapons, wands, potions(!) from Angband.
- Get key bindings from Angband.
- Monster AI and movement.
- Line of sight (LOS) and lighting.
- Generate random weapons on floor and pickup weapons.
- Player equipment list screen and manipulation.
- Death message and respawn.
- Back story.
- Wands. (This game will not have staves.)
- Small Bag of Holding expands player inventory.
- Monsters, like will-o-the-wisp, can emit light. (To be done after LOS.)
- Implement skills?