|Influences||Rogue, Moria, Angband|
|Updated||on 18th Nov 2022|
|Game Length||5-7 minutes|
|Official site of Roglik|
Roglik – free open-source minimalistic roguelike (coffeebreak roguelike) game designed to provide 5-7 minute game sessions till win or yasd.
Goal of the game is to bring the Ring to the River of Flame and try to get rid of it… The map surroundings are known to your character as you have bunch of maps, but creatures and object aren’t.
I’ve made C language roguelike-tutorial at my YT channel: https://youtube.com/ITPhD
Initially I’ve made just a template of roguelike game, but at the end I’ve decided to make it more playable and added a bit more features on top.. so now it’s a tiny game 🙂 I called it ‘Roglik’ as it’s very simple.
Roglik is the game in public domain, no credits, copyrights etc. Enjoy! 😀
Now.. There are detailed video lessons – how such game could be written with a full explanation:
0) https://youtu.be/mQy6ajEqEK0 – most basic tutorial.. how to make basic rlg template with Conio.h . Might be useful for beginners who don’t know how to begin.. 🙂
1) https://youtu.be/u4RQSbiCGL8 – we move to NCurses and implement basic movement
2) https://youtu.be/diOuFclVlY0 – we make room and walls
3) https://youtu.be/0TzUzB_S-bs – random generation of character and room
4) https://youtu.be/EECRMExOhxQ – generate NPC and random rooms
5) https://youtu.be/htNYvlz6aVc – switching to PDCurses and make proper room generation
6) https://youtu.be/cjcK1-y628g – create corridors in dungeon
7) https://youtu.be/1Eev0pNhmpE – C language structures for monsters
8) https://youtu.be/cLMOhvdS8cU – staircases and event messages
9) https://youtu.be/lD1oVG96j44 – monsters diversity (adding moar monster’s types)
10) https://youtu.be/9c5b0ypewkg – simple AI of monsters. Movement and attack
Playlist with all these vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm4uLihLZ5Ww6jW7CebZpLppLSGS_IZhO
In case if you need basics of C language (as roguelike tutorial assumes that you know some minimum), there is also a full C language playlist where I explain stuff from scratch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm4uLihLZ5WwAVKysXIfENsYLcqxNLjbt