Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Licensing||Open Source (BSD), Freeware|
|Interface||Graphical tiles (which are of characters!), ASCII, Keyboard|
|Game Length||1 hour?|
|Official site of Save Scummer|
Save Scummer is a coffeebreak roguelike
Save Scummer is a Seven Day Roguelike written by Jeff Lait.
It is a unique twist on roguelikes where you do not control the character directly. Instead, all you do is save/restore or perform undos, (both types of save scumming) in an attempt to reach victory.
- Intelligent "Do What I Mean" commands that reduce all possible actions to a single keystroke.
- Infinite undo to correct mistakes in pressing said single keystroke.
- Fight the fifty-two monsters from Letter Hunt and one new bonus monster.
- 1980 different weapons and 216 different spells!
- Play one of 8 races or 9 classes!
Versions and platforms
Save Scummer is written in C++ and is available for Windows, Linux, and can likely be compiled for the Mac OS X. Source code is provided so it may be ported to any platform with curses and/or SDL.