Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Games||Gruesome, Toby the Trapper, UNSTOPPABLE, Broken Bottle, Run from the Shadow, Harrowed, sick peter, Rogue Rage, Broody Vole, F*ck This Jam, Mosaic, FireTail, The Trapped Heart|
|P. Languages||FreePascal, Lua|
|Official site of Darren Grey|
Darren Grey is a copy-pasta coder hacking together games using Lua and the T-Engine (formerly coding in Free Pascal). He is a Physics graduate and works in London, project managing data science research whilst trying to find time to make and play roguelikes. He is active in the ADOM and ToME communities, and a moderator on [r/roguelikes http://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes].
Darren is a host on Roguelike Radio, a podcast dedicated to roguelikes with a focus on game design. He (sometimes) maintains a blog on roguelike development. He is far too active on Twitter as @dgrey0.
Games made by Darren:
- Gruesome - you play a grue, hunting adventurers in dark places, trying to avoid the light of their torches.
- Toby the Trapper - written for the 7DRL 2010 challenge, the game involves playing as a weak gnome that can only hurt enemies by laying traps. Defeat the 6 bosses to win.
- UNSTOPPABLE - written for the October 2010 4DRL challenge, you play as an invincible robot firing unstoppable shots at enemies on a looping map - the only danger is your own looping shots.
- Broken Bottle - written for the 7DRL 2011 challenge, the game is about an alcoholic in a post-apocalyptic world. Main features of the game include its story and addiction mechanics.
- Run from the Shadow - written in 2 days for ARRP 2011, the game involves running away from a powerful foe in a guilt-themed world.
- Harrowed - a 1HRL written for the Ludum Dare Zero Hour Game Jam. It's a minimalistic game of one vs many enemies, getting harder as you go deeper.
- sick peter - written in 5 hours at the London Molyjam2012. You play a terminally ill four year old Jewish boy who is looking for his lost mother in Nazi-occupied Holland.
- Rogue Rage - a failed 2012 7DRL with stance-based melee combat. Still unfinished, but here's an alpha version: http://gamesofgrey.com/games/roguerage/roguerage-alpha2.zip
- Broody Vole - a small game of a vole protecting her babies, made in 3 hours at the Cambridge TIGJam2012
- F*ck This Jam - an action RPG made in the T-Engine where you kill demonically possessed jam. Not a roguelike...
- Mosaic - 2013 7DRL in which you lay mosaic tiles by moving about the map. Destroy enemies by surrounding them with tiles. The game procedurally generates music based on where you place tiles on the map.
- DataQueen - 2014 7DRL hex-based hacking roguelikes with insects. You only die if you get surrounded, and you get special attacks based on which direction you move.
- FireTail - 2015 7DRL hex-based roguelike with a fire vs ice theme. Your powers are dependant on how many fire tiles surround you, and you die if you become encased in ice.
- ADOM - several Mad Minstrel songs, chaos knight character background stories
- Tales of Maj'Eyal - various lore pieces, poems, artifact descriptions and quests in the game
- Steam Marines - official tie-in story 'The Grinding Teeth'
- Elite: Dangerous - official tie-in stories 'The Comet's Trail' and 'Ode to Betty Cole' published in Elite: Tales from the Frontier