RogueBasin talk:Community Portal/Archive 3
Feedback wanted on article blanking
I'm an admin here, and mostly what I do is remove spam posts. We don't have any mechanisms here to deal with disputes on article content, so I'm opening this discussion on what to do about a new user who has blanked several articles because they are asserted to be of low quality.
User:MisterMentat has blanked 2D Room system architecture, Gunshot Coding and System Architecture, the strategy to complex implementations, with an edit summary for the last two of "The article is not well written, and it seems like it's bad spam text generated from a neural network." All three articles have the same original author, User:Youngblood. I agree that the articles are not of very good quality, but I don't think they are spam or generated from a neural network, and I think they have potential to improve. What do other editors here think? You can see the articles prior to blanking using the "History" tab.
MisterMentat also removed an external link to www.kathekonta.com/rlguide/index.html from Articles, saying "The link is dead, and it points to very suspects sites". I tried the link; it requested that I install Flash, and that might or might not be suspicious, but I chose not to proceed further. Note that I have not made the link clickable here. I'm not inclined to restore this link myself.
I'll notify MisterMentat and Youngblood about this post.-Muscles (talk) 05:53, 28 September 2019 (CEST)
- www.kathekonta.com/rlguide/index.html redirects to an auto-forwarding site that then proceeds to one of a number of commercial sites (one of which being amazon.co.uk). Removing it was definitely the correct move. PaulBlay (talk)
Link to Temple of Roguelike Forum is broken
The correct link should be https://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php AFAICT. But I don't have the permission to edit the page. Somebody please fix this?—Blargdag (talk) 23:26, 6 November 2020 (CET)
- The link goes directly to the forum discussing RogueBasin, not the top level forum page. That appears to be deliberate.-Muscles (talk) 02:55, 7 November 2020 (CET)
- Hmm, weird. I could've sworn it went to some HTTP error page. Probably some intermittent server failure perhaps? In any case, it seems to work now, so nevermind.—Blargdag (talk) 14:06, 7 November 2020 (CET)
- Ohhh I see what happened. It's the link on Main_Page that's broken, but somehow the talk page redirects here?? That's a pretty strange thing to do for a talk page, but yeah. The link on RogueBasin talk:Community Portal works, but the link on Main_Page leads to a "page not found" error page. I clicked on "talk" from Main_Page but got redirected here instead.—Blargdag (talk) 14:11, 7 November 2020 (CET)
Events link out of date
Hey, the `Roguelike events of 2019` is now 2 years out of date. Could we bump this to 2021 and link it to the next 7drl? https://itch.io/jam/7drl-challenge-2021
- Updated, thanks for the reminder. Feel free to edit 7DRL Challenge 2021, as I only created a stub.-Muscles (talk) 04:40, 13 January 2021 (CET)
discord link broken
it leads to temple of the roguelike
Issues with citations
I tried to clean up some manual references by replacing them with reference tags but the new tags didn't work. Looking up the issue has given me the impression that the https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite extension is not active. These tags show up in the help interface but are not actually available. --HexDecimal (talk) 03:02, 20 June 2021 (UTC)
- I just activated the extension, please let me know how it works --Slash (talk) 13:40, 21 June 2021 (UTC)
- It works. I've switched Comparative study of field of view algorithms for 2D grid based worlds to use references. --HexDecimal (talk) 16:41, 21 June 2021 (UTC)